This policy will explain:
- What Information We Collect from You, and How We Use that Information
- How We Protect Your Information
1. What Information We Collect from You, and How We Use that Information:
General Information Including Personally Identifiable Information
PanCAN does not collect any personally identifiable information from you (e.g., name, address, telephone number, email address) unless you voluntarily choose to submit or otherwise disclose such information to us, including information submitted or disclosed by mail, telephone, fax, or electronically. We will not sell, trade, or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties. We will use your information to respond to your request for information, register you for an event, document a donation, or, if appropriate, to consider your request for consideration of employment with PanCAN.
We may use your contact information to send you email, postal mail, or other communications. If you wish to change any contact information submitted to PanCAN, or if you wish to update your communication settings or opt out of our mailing list, please do so by clicking on the “Manage Your Subscription / Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive from us, or by contacting us.
Information we gather from visitors to our websites is used to fulfill interactions with our constituents. We use tools and services such as cookies, pixel tags, AdWords, and Google Analytics for tracking, reporting and analyzing website activity. A combination of these is used to operate, evaluate, and improve our programs, and to perform other internal functions. We retain anonymized information indefinitely for performing analysis in a practical and relevant way. If there is no legal basis or other requirement for keeping this data by U.S. law, your data may be purged.
PanCAN collects health data, with patient permission, through various programs and initiatives with the goals of progressing pancreatic cancer research and improving patient outcomes. PanCAN may use these data (in de-identified form) for research and educational purposes, in alignment with our mission as defined below:
PanCAN may use your de-identified health data for research purposes, including:
- To inform basic research and discovery hypotheses, experimental design, and/or group discussion on the topic
- To validate ongoing research studies or results with supporting PanCAN-generated data / information
- To inform drug development hypotheses including pre-clinical or clinical study design, compound repositioning, or combination usage with alternative agents
- To inform patient support programs
PanCAN may also use your de-identified health data for educational purposes, including:
- To educate patients, caregivers, and/or general public on optimal clinical care pathways and patient journey decision-making or augment the ability to navigate treatment options to achieve optimal patient outcomes and quality of life
- To educate scientific and medical professionals on the sentiment / activity of their own patients, favorable clinical care pathways and therapeutic options for patients, and/or inform or validate investigational hypotheses, based on real-world evidence
- To educate drug developers, diagnostic companies, technology companies, or other commercial organizations to inform future direction of investment in discovery and development of new patient solutions for Pancreatic Cancer or to inform patient-related programs
If you wish to access your health data, correct any inaccuracies within these data, restrict the use of your health data, or request to have your stored health data deleted, please contact PanCAN.
Information from Children
PanCAN does not direct its website or programs to children. Individuals under eighteen (18) should consult with their parent or guardian prior to providing any personally identifiable information to PanCAN.
Monitoring, Enforcement and Legal Requests
PanCAN has no obligation to monitor the website or the use of the website, or to retain the content of any user session. However, PanCAN reserves the right to monitor, review, retain, and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request or to cooperate with law enforcement and other authorities in investigating a claim of illegal activity. We may use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to protect our service, website, clients, potential clients, or others.
Other Organizations, Websites, and Programs
2. How to Protect Your Information
Our website’s donation, registration, form request, and ecommerce systems use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to protect sensitive data transmissions from your computer to our website. In certain areas, password protection is used to protect your privacy and security. Any information provided to PanCAN is treated with care and discretion. PanCAN will take a proactive approach to ensure the information is kept private and not misused.
Transmission Errors or Unauthorized Acts: Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, PanCAN cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. PanCAN will not be liable for disclosures of your personal information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties. However, once we receive your transmission, we do our best to ensure its security on our systems by making reasonable efforts to protect the information.
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
1500 Rosecrans Ave, Suite 200
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Attention: Marketing and Communications