At the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, we love showing gratitude for the amazing members of our community. That means putting the spotlight on inspiring survivors, passionate advocates, cutting-edge researchers, loved ones touched by pancreatic cancer, and all the people who boldly Wage Hope against this disease—including our staff!
Our PanCAN team is filled with extraordinary employees who embody the Sparkle Spirit inside and out. Here are just a few of the many amazing people who call the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network home:
- Rachel Howzell Hall: An acclaimed published author, Rachel also serves on the Board of Directors for the Mystery Writers of America. Her latest novel in the Detective Elouise Norton series hits shelves on August 8.
- Natalie Radtke: The 20-mile cold-water swim from Catalina Island to Palos Verdes is a feat most athletes wouldn’t dare—except for Natalie, who swam through the night, sans wetsuit, to complete the Catalina Channel Swim in August.
- Arielle Morrison: This passionate philanthropist was recently recognized with the Jewish Federation’s prestigious National Young Women’s Leadership Award. As the organization’s Community of Professional Women Co-Chair, she gives back to the community in a big way.
- Julie Flygare: Julie is the Founder of Project Sleep, a nonprofit raising awareness about sleep health and sleep disorders. She’s also the author of Wide Awake and Dreaming: A Memoir of Narcolepsy.
- Brian Rosenbaum: When not managing his community engagement volunteers, Brian inspires, connects, and empowers other mission-driven trailblazers as Board President of Young Nonprofit Professionals Network Los Angeles.
- Tak Fujii: We were thrilled for Tak when the Los Angeles Business Journal named him their 2016 CIO of the Year. The prestigious award highlights the role of information technology leaders in helping LA businesses and nonprofits succeed.
- Amber Wynn: This published author has also penned a nationally-syndicated column and numerous award-winning articles. Her latest book, For Such a Time as This, was released in 2015.
We love showing our employees gratitude, so check back soon to meet more members of our amazing team. In the meantime, step up for pancreatic cancer by launching a Wage Hope My Way fundraiser in honor of a loved one, or signing up for a PurpleStride near you.