In the days leading up to, on and following National Pancreatic Cancer Advocacy Day, our president and CEO Julie Fleshman, JD, MBA, along with pancreatic cancer survivors, leading medical experts and congressional leaders, addressed in news interviews the urgent need to keep cancer research a national priority.
Here are the news highlights:
- CBSnews.com: “Why Pancreatic Cancer is Such a Killer, and What’s Being Done about It” featuring Fleshman and survivor Mike Levine. CBS News editor’s note: “This was the No. 1 article on our site yesterday, and interestingly, people spent more time on it than any other story.”
- CBS News: “Funding needed to fight pancreatic cancer” featuring Fleshman and survivor Teona Ducre, chair of PanCAN’s Atlanta Affiliate.
- CBS Radio Washington D.C.: “The Washington Report” featuring Fleshman and survivor Yohannes Gebreysus.
- CNN.com: “Cancer research emerges as potential bipartisan cause amid budget fight” featuring Fleshman and Nadine Takai-Day, sister of the late Congressman Mark Takai (D-Hawaii).
- C-SPAN Radio: Steve Scully, political editor, senior executive producer and host interviews Julie Fleshman, JD, MBA.
- The Hill: “Waging hope in memory of our colleagues” is an op-ed written by Reps. Colleen Hanabusa (D-Hawaii) and David Joyce (R-Ohio), who filled the roles of the late Mark Takai (D-Hawaii) and Steve LaTourette (R-OH) after they died from pancreatic cancer.
- Morning Consult: “A Father’s Legacy: Changing the Course of History for Pancreatic Cancer” is an op-ed written by Fleshman recounting special moments spent with her father before his death in 1999 and transitions to her pressing request to Congress, specifically to keep biomedical research and cancer research a national priority.
- Newsmax: “Group Presses For Pancreatic Cancer Funding” featuring Fleshman and survivor Robert Glazier.
- i24 News: National Pancreatic Cancer Advocacy Day featuring survivor Mike Levine and Thomas George, MD, FACP, medical director, G.I. Oncology Program at the University of Florida Health Cancer Center.
- NewsChannel 8/WJLA Washington, D.C.: Anchor Dave Lucas interviews Fleshman and survivor Gebreysus.