Editor’s note: Our “Year in Review” series recapping the year’s top stories in pancreatic cancer research, national news, volunteer contributions and more, continues today. You can find more of the year’s most notable stories on our blog.
PurpleStride, the walk to end pancreatic cancer, seemed omnipresent in 2017 with events happening across the country most weekends. Perhaps a sea of “Purple People” crossing the finish line, arms raised in victory, came through your community. Whether you had the opportunity to attend an event, fundraise or make a donation to a participant, you helped make this year’s PurpleStride season among the most memorable. And you should step up on the winner’s stand, because thanks to your involvement, you helped rewrite the future of pancreatic cancer.
Here, in no particular order, are some of the year’s top PurpleStride stories:
- Q&A with a 15-Year Survivor, Top PurpleStride Fundraiser (June 14)
- PurpleStride Washington, D.C., Hosts Largest Event of 2017 (June 11)
- #AndrewStrides the United States: Series featuring Portland volunteer visiting PurpleStride events nationwide
- 20 Questions: An Interview with Two Volunteers Traveling Coast to Coast for PurpleStride (June 5)
- Supporters Demand Better this November at PurpleStride Events Coast to Coast (Nov. 7)
- Record-breaking 68 Pancreatic Cancer Survivors Attend PurpleRideStride Minnesota (Sept. 18)
- PurpleStride Los Angeles Hosts Celebs, Influencers, Survivors and other Notables (May 6)
- PanCAN Staff Puts the “Fun” in Fundraising (May 8)
- PurpleStride Las Vegas: A Rousing Success! (March 25)
- PurpleStride Omaha Team Rallies for Patti (Aug. 4)
- Stride Participant Bikes Long Miles to Reach PurpleStride (July 3)
- Father Honors Family Members at PurpleStride Cleveland (June 29)
- Stage IV Survivor Inspires Others for PurpleStride Washington, D.C. (May 30)
- PurpleStride New York City Raises Visibility, Funds for Pancreatic Cancer (April 10)
- Elinor Was Boston Strong, and Family Carries on Her Legacy (June 4)
Sign up for your local PurpleStride – the walk to end pancreatic cancer – today!