PanCAN is pleased to provide air travel for all volunteers invited to Volunteer Leadership Summit 2018. In order to secure the best prices and save money for the organization's mission, it is imperative that you reserve your air travel as soon as possible and abide by the deadlines listed below.
Please make note of these important deadlines.
Registration: Monday, June 18, 2018
Flight: Friday, June 29, 2018
Booking Your Flight
Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for booking your air travel. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours, please contact your staff partner. When booking your travel, please make note of expected arrival and departure times below.
ARRIVAL: All participants must arrive at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina Hotel on Thursday, August 23. Onsite check-in is available Thursday, August 23, from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. and Friday, August 24 from 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Members of the Volunteer Advisory Council (VAC) will need to arrive no later than Wednesday evening, August 22, because of a special VAC Session on Thursday, August 23. Please book your travel accordingly. Sessions will begin Friday morning and your attendance is required at all sessions. For more information on your specific arrival time, please refer to your email invitation or contact your staff partner.
DEPARTURE: On Sunday, August 26, a light grab-and-go breakfast will be provided; however, this is not mandatory, and volunteers can depart for the airport at any time on Sunday. Stacey Lubliner at Travel Edge will book your travel accordingly. If you would like to travel with another attendee, please discuss in advance of contacting Stacey Lubliner at Travel Edge, and if possible, contact her together.
PanCAN will not reimburse for airline baggage fees. These fees are subject to change and can be found on each airline's website.
Flight Cancellation Policy
- Tickets are non-transferrable and, once issued in your name, can only be used by you.
- If you need to cancel your participation at PanCAN's Volunteer Leadership Summit, you will be responsible for reimbursing the organization for the full cost of your flight within 30 days of cancellation.
- Once the flight has been cancelled, you will receive an airline credit. In most cases, you will have a full year from the date of purchase to use the ticket as you choose (though most airlines will deduct a change fee from the value when you re-book).
- You must notify Stacey Lubliner, our travel agent at Travel Edge, to cancel your flight.
- If the flight is not cancelled before your flight date, your ticket will become null and void.
- You will also need to contact your staff partner to cancel your participation, so your hotel can be cancelled as well.