Thanks to the extraordinary efforts of our advocates around the country, the 2014 National Pancreatic Cancer Advocacy Day and National Call-in were an incredible success!
- In-person meetings were held with all 100 Senate offices and 222 House offices.
- Approximately 450 advocates from all 50 states attended Advocacy Day in Washington, D.C.
- Over 2,300 phone calls were placed to Congress during the National Call-in from volunteers across the country.
- Almost 800 messages with our slogan Stomp on Pancreatic Cancer were posted on Facebook and Twitter.
- Over 20 members of Congress joined the newly formed Congressional Caucus on the Deadliest Cancers.
- On June 20, the U.S. House passed a defense bill that included pancreatic cancer in the Peer-Reviewed Cancer Research Program (PRCRP) – one of our key asks during Advocacy Day.
You can view many of the photos taken at this year’s Advocacy Day here.