The Marketing Manager, Volunteer Engagement is responsible for marketing and communications activities in support of Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s volunteer engagement strategies which includes affiliate relations and advocacy. This position manages strategic marketing planning with the Community Outreach and Government Affairs & Advocacy departments to develop strategies that effectively meet communication needs for year-round volunteer engagement and support. The Marketing Manager, Volunteer Engagement oversees the implementation of the marketing strategies and promotions, including email marketing, print and digital collateral, advertising, social media, affiliate pages, pancan.org and Volunteer Central, with the goal of driving volunteer recruitment and engagement.
- Participate in strategic marketing planning with the Community Engagement and Government Affairs & Advocacy departments to develop strategies that effectively meet communication needs for year-round volunteer engagement and support
- Work with Community Engagement team to develop new strategies to promote recruitment and retention to grow the network with active, engaged volunteers
- Participate in strategic marketing planning for nationwide promotions that require field implementation by volunteer base
- Develop trainings for the volunteers to ensure there is clarity on the organization’s branding and strategic priorities; collaborate with Community Engagement Managers to disseminate throughout the network
- Develop year-round communications and content strategies, aligned with organizational editorial calendar, to meet volunteer recruitment and engagement goals.
- Create processes for implementation of volunteer communications to ensure information is disseminated in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage and implement the overall marketing strategy to recruit constituents to the organization’s annual Advocacy Day
- Manage and implement the marketing strategy for the annual three week challenge
- Collaborate with Social Media Manager to create a social media strategy
- Collaborate with digital team to develop website updates, other digital needs and tracking
- Collaborate with grassroots advocacy and digital & strategic outreach teams to implement action alerts, petitions and other activities that drive programmatic as well as overall lead generation and engagement goals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- A./B.S. degree in marketing/business preferred or equivalent years of work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate or non-profit marketing department required
- Strong experience with community-based program planning and implementation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and team player skills with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organization both internally and externally
- Must possess excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, as well as exceptional organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and stellar organization skills
- Experience with event systems such as Luminate Online, HTML, CSS, email platform and other donor database software highly desirable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills.
Individuals assigned to this position must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek management assistance as appropriate.