The individual in this position is responsible for providing comprehensive, one-on-one educational information, and for performing complete case management of patients, caregivers, and other callers to Patient Central. This position may also include work on special projects within Patient Central.
- Communicate with patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals via phone, email and written correspondence in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Provide patients, caregivers, and others with in-depth and complex information about pancreatic cancer in a simple and understandable manner.
- Encourage and facilitate participation in the organization’s other patient services, as appropriate, including Know Your Tumor and the Patient Registry.
- Gather and provide information and resources based on each individual’s needs.
- Prepare educational packets and materials to be sent to each individual.
- Perform follow-up work for assigned cases, including tracking information and data from calls and emails.
- Participate in continuing education activities, webinars, and training sessions and attend conferences to gain knowledge about treatment/clinical practice updates and current research.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following experiences, skills and qualities:
- Four-year college or university degree in a science, health, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability and willingness to learn and understand extensive information about pancreatic cancer, treatments, side effects, symptom management, and additional resources.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong sensitivity and compassion for those affected by a disease such as pancreatic cancer coupled with an innate ability to empathize with the loss and painful journeys experienced by our constituents.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working in a scientific, medical, or health environment preferred.
- Excellent understanding of scientific and medical information related to pancreatic cancer, or ability to learn.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Exemplary values, integrity and a high level of desire to make a difference.
- Ability to perform independent research and make decisions regarding content that would be appropriate to provide to patients and caregivers.
- Must be willing to travel as required.