Our Know Your Tumor service, provided in partnership with Tempus, provides you with a molecular profiling report of your patient’s tumor. The report includes treatment options, providing valuable insight to support your treatment decisions.
Treatment options are personalized to your patient and may include:
- Targeted therapy, which avoids the toxicity of multi-agent chemotherapy
- Appropriate clinical trials, including molecularly targeted solid tumor trials
- Off-label treatments that may be particularly effective for your patient’s specific tumor mutations
- Standard of care treatments
Information provided in the reports can help provide a better understanding of the disease and treatment options.
Tempus tests through the xT gene panel. The report will include information on both somatic and germline mutations, tumor burden (TMB) and microsatellite instability (MSI). The report includes treatment options, providing valuable insight to support your treatment decisions.
More than 400 physicians – from institutions such as Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Johns Hopkins, Virginia Mason Medical Center and Memorial Sloan-Kettering – have received Know Your Tumor reports for their patients. About 27 percent of patients’ tumors have been found to have at least one actionable alteration.
- Patient has diagnosis of pancreatic malignancy
- Patient has no sign of progression or impending need to change treatment
- Completion and delivery of the report takes approximately 14 days from receipt of tissue
- Tumor tissue is obtainable (see Tempus Specimen Guidelines)
- Patient is receiving treatment for a pancreatic cancer diagnosis in the United States/Canada and is not imprisoned
- Patient or close caregiver is able to read and speak English or Spanish
Medical procedures – including biopsies – will be billed to the patient’s insurance. The patient will be responsible for any co-pay, co-insurance or insurance deductible associated with a procedure to obtain tumor tissue.
1. Have your patient contact the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s Patient Central at 877-2-PANCAN to enroll in Know Your Tumor.
2.Once your patient has enrolled, Tempus will reach out to you to provide instructions needed to commence with testing.
M – F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. PT, call (877) 272-6226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org