At the heart of our organization, we seek to inspire and nurture the human spirit – which we refer to as “sparkle spirit” – understanding that each person brings distinct, valuable life experiences to the table.
Our team members are diverse not only in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion and age, but also in cultural backgrounds and ideas. Embracing diversity enhances our work culture and drives the core of our success.
It is the inclusion of these diverse experiences and perspectives that create our culture of empowerment and innovation. We celebrate our successes while championing the promise of a brighter tomorrow for the entire pancreatic cancer community.
We uphold three pillars of diversity and inclusion:
- Build an awareness.
- Remove bias from people practices.
- Promote inclusive leadership.
Our president and CEO Julie Fleshman honors the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusivity™ pledge for organizations committed to building productive, diverse and inclusive workplaces:
- We will continue to make our workplaces trusting places to have complex, and sometimes difficult, conversations about diversity and inclusion.
- We will implement and expand unconscious bias and education.
- We will share best – and unsuccessful – practices.
This is the pledge of PanCAN to act on supporting a more inclusive workplace for our team members, our communities and our society at large.