The Customer Service Representative, Financial Services is responsible for providing outstanding customer service for all external customers and acting as a liaison between customers and the organization. This position works closely with other customer service representatives to ensure that an exceptional standard of customer service is being delivered in an efficient manner. Customer Service is provided by using excellent in-depth knowledge of company systems and programs as well as effective communications. This position will also serve as a backup to other customer service staff. The Customer Service Representative, Financial Services will also be responsible for general entry of constituent data in Luminate Online and Raiser’s Edge. Some bookkeeping duties as assigned including processing of cash, credit card, and checks received and online transactions.
- Use good judgment to analyze and resolve customer questions, concerns and requests received by phone calls and emails.
- Identify and document the answers to frequently asked questions.
- Work with the appropriate department to address common customer related problems.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to improve processes that impact the customer’s experience.
- Service as backup to the front desk and other customer service representatives.
- Inform and educate other customer service staff about changes in Financial Services.
- Processing of constituent data and donations into the Luminate Online and Raiser’s Edge database.
- Maintain data in Raiser’s Edge per policies on data integrity.
- Processing of cash, credit card, check or any other payment types received by mail, phone, online or via off-site event transactions.
- Open gifts received by mail, code and prepare for gift processing.
- Sort and code event receipts and reconcile to spreadsheets.
- Filing, copying and document scanning.
- Continuously evaluate, edit and create team training documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- High School Diploma required; college level courses preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing customer support or service.
- Outstanding customer support skills with a friendly, positive demeanor. Must have a determination and desire to serve people.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Proven ability to evaluate problems and make decisions and/or recommendations as required.
- Must be team oriented and have excellent interpersonal skills with a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrated ability in effective and empathetic oral and written communications including outstanding telephone skills.
- Must be detail oriented, and possess the ability to manage time effectively.
- Familiarity with the corporate business environment is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiarity with Luminate Online, Raisers Edge or other similar database preferred.
- Able to work collaboratively as part of the Customer Service Team.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills.
Individuals assigned to this position must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek management assistance as appropriate.