The Community Engagement Assistant advances the mission of the organization by providing a full range of administrative support to the Community Engagement department. This position ensures success by providing excellent internal and external customer service and by effectively liaising with diverse constituents.
- Provide administrative support to the Community Engagement department.
- Process invoices and reimbursements for staff and volunteers.
- Create and maintain volunteer and event records in Raiser’s Edge.
- Coordinate event and volunteer shipments.
- Volunteer support including core role activation and deactivation, Volunteer Central access, ordering supplies, setting up emails, volunteer training setup, etc.
- Pull various reports as required.
- Manage and track all supplies and inventory for the Community Engagement department.
- Maintain a critical understanding of department workflows and efficiencies.
- Assist with annual volunteer Leadership Training.
- Organize and maintain corporate partner prospect and activation tracking.
- Submit and track online corporate and workplace giving grant applications and reporting.
- Communicate directly with volunteers, donors and participants via phone and email.
- Perform back up receptionist duties as required.
- Serve as back up to mail room, handling shipments and deliveries as required for Community Engagement department.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge database to properly track constituent relationships and actions.
- Coordinate and prepare meetings, trainings and presentations.
- Effectively and professionally represent the organization, its vision, image and core values.
- Perform other administrative tasks and projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent years of applicable experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a high degree of interpersonal skills.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to think proactively and anticipate the needs of staff and volunteers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Able to independently judge situations and requests and act accordingly.
- Able to handle multiple tasks with shifting priorities while still meeting deadlines.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Can work well in a team environment.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience with Luminate, Raiser’s Edge or other donor database software a plus.
- Excellent work ethic: reliability, responsibility and ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills.
Individuals assigned to this position must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek management assistance as appropriate.