Volunteer driven and developed, our Volunteer Core Values are personal commitments to stay focused on the vision of the organization.
We provide a caring, encouraging, environment where people can invest themselves and make a difference.
- Welcome and engage new volunteers in a meaningful way
- Provide comfort through empathetic support
- Celebrate success and show gratitude
- Promote individual agendas above the organization’s mission, vision, values and behaviors
- Let disappointment deter us from our mission
- Blame, ridicule others, or make excuses
Through our actions, we are determined to lead measurable change and create hope to support our comprehensive mission.
- Tenaciously seek opportunities to “mobilize the troops”
- Develop and adapt innovative approaches
- Embody unrelenting optimism and incorporate fun
- Display behaviors that convey an unhopeful message
- Take people’s contributions for granted
- Forget the legacies of those we have lost to pancreatic cancer
We are an enthusiastic, action-oriented team of passionate volunteers, providing leadership in our communities.
- Work together in the spirit of collaboration internally and externally
- Behave positively and professionally
- Take initiative to achieve the volunteer action plan
- Think creatively to “connect the dots”
- Overcome roadblocks to reach our goals
- Allow the desires of one to trump the group’s priorities
- Let passion be consumed by negative behavior
- Disrespect other people’s time
We are committed to act with integrity, responsibility and accountability to our mission.
- Understand and share our mission, vision, values and behaviors
- Take ownership and follow through
- Foster open and honest communication
- Respect diverse ideas and opinions
- Publicly promote views that conflict with the organization’s view
- Make public negative comments about the organization or disparage the brand
- Behave in an unethical manner
- Limit patient choices by not directing through the Patient and Liaison Services (PALS) program