Cause Marketing Works!
Cause-related marketing is a mutually beneficial collaboration between a corporation and a non-profit entity in which their respective assets are utilized to create and maximize value for both organizations.
Become a cause marketing ally of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network and experience the boost for your company. Integrate support of our cause into your marketing strategy through co-branded products or services, promotional or seasonal campaigns, product launches or organizational announcements. Cause-related marketing campaigns are highly effective, and recent studies have shown the following:
Consumer support for cause marketing is at an all-time high.
Unless otherwise noted, the above statistics are from the Cone Cause Evolution Study, 2010.
- 88% of Americans say it is acceptable for companies to involve a cause in their marketing efforts. (This record number represents a 33% increase since Cone began measuring such opinions in 1994.)
- 85% of consumers have a more positive image of a product or company when it supports a cause they care about.
- 90% of consumers surveyed (totally 278 million people) want companies to tell them how they are supporting causes.
- 83% of Americans wish more products, services and retailers they use would support causes.
- 86% of consumers believe that business needs to place at least equal weight on societal as on business interests.
- 79% of Americans would switch brands, when price and quality are about equal, if a competitor is associated with a good cause*.
*The Integer Group® and M/A/R/C® Research, 2011
Women find disease prevention causes the most compelling.
The above statistic is from The Integer Group® and M/A/R/C® Research, 2011.
- 24% of women find disease prevention the most compelling of all types of causes. (This was THE highest percentage, ahead of children, environment, etc.)
Consumers overwhelmingly expect businesses to lead corporate change and operate responsibly.
Unless otherwise noted, the above statistics are from the 2011 Cone/Echo Global CR Opportunity Study.
- 81% of consumers say companies have a responsibility to address key social and environmental issues beyond their local communities.
- 93% of consumers say companies must go beyond legal compliance to operate responsibly.
- 94% of consumers say companies must analyze and evolve their business practices to make their impact as positive as possible.
- 43% of Americans want companies to increase corporate philanthropy*
*Second Annual Public Opinion Survey on Cause Marketing by Do Well Do Good, LLC, 2011
Consumers are willing to travel out of their way and pay extra for cause-marketing products.
The above statistics are from the Second Annual Public Opinion Survey on Cause Marketing by Do Well Do Good, LLC, 2011.
- 55% of American consumers say they have bought a product because money was given back to charity as a result of the purchase.
- 56% are willing to travel up to 10 minutes out of their way to purchase goods that support a cause.
- 57% would be willing to pay an additional $1.97, for a product that costs $1, on average, for a product that supports a cause they care about.
- 70% would pay an average of $17.76 extra for a product that costs $1,000 for a product that supports a cause they care about