Senior Group Manager, Marketing and Communications, Program Development and Strategy
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, this position will set strategy, lead and oversee the planning and timely implementation of all marketing and communication programs that build and promote the organization’s brand and mission. This position will manage and coach marketing and communication managers in their programmatic and organizational projects and campaigns that include: constituent specific email campaigns, web content, video development, online publications, collateral and annual awareness and outreach campaigns. This position will manage several functional managers.
Specific duties of the position will include:
Successful candidates will possess a Bachelors Degree in business, marketing, communications, journalism or related field or equivalent experience, MBA a plus, and 10 years of progressively responsible marketing and communications experience; creative agency experience preferred, healthcare or non-profit experience a plus. Must have a minimum of 5 years management experience.
- Access, evaluate and work with key program managers to set strategies for constituent outreach, collateral, web, online publications, video, email messages, etc.
- Monitor and analyze existing marketing programs for effectiveness and progression
- Manage annual awareness campaign and volunteer recruitment and retention initiatives; work with outside agency to develop campaign plan and manage budget to plan.
- Maintain brand integrity and messaging; ensure all marketing materials are updated and accessed on bi-annual basis for accuracy
- Ensure brand consistency across all marketing platforms.
- Lead marketing and communication managers through budget and strategic planning.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in marketing, cancer, cancer advocacy. Stay abreast of
direct competition and what other non-competing disease organizations are doing from a strategic marketing perspective.
Additional requirements include:
- Experience overseeing brand integrity and messaging in all communication deliverables, both print and online.
- Proven ability to develop and execute marketing communications strategies across cross functional teams.
- Proven project management skills. Ability to keep deadlines and meet milestones and manage necessary resources. Must be ready to provide status and action items for key stakeholders throughout the process on any project.
- Demonstrated ability to execute multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-oriented environment. Demonstrated capacity to work independently.
- Proven ability to think strategically and look holistically at the marketing and communication efforts across an organization.
- Team player, effectively interacting with employees at all levels within the organization. Demonstrated ability to integrate and drive projects across multiple teams.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and continually re-prioritize.
- Ability to create and maintain systems.
- Strong customer focus.
- Can-do, positive attitude and team orientation.
- Persuasive and able to succinctly communicate ideas.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Assist with the flow of communication among team members.
- Track, analyze and present marketing results.
- Assist in agency management.
- Exemplary writing and copy editing skills.
- Dynamic self-starter with a strong sense of initiative and urgency.
- Prior nonprofit experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.