We are seeking a bright and team-oriented individual to fill the position of Patient Services Associate. The individual in this position is responsible for providing comprehensive, one-on-one educational information, and for performing complete case management of patients, caregivers, and other callers to the patient services program. This position may also include work on special projects within the patient services program.
This position is responsible for leading, supporting and advancing diverse volunteer Affiliates with various capacities across a region, to ensure alignment of activities with organizational goals, strategies and branding.
- Communicate with patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals via phone, email and written correspondence in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Gather and provide information and resources based on each individual’s needs.
- Prepare educational packets to be sent to each individual.
- Perform follow-up work of assigned cases, including tracking information and data from calls.
- Perform assigned tasks related to special projects within PALS program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Four-year college or university degree in a science, health or related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability and willingness to learn and understand extensive information about pancreatic cancer, treatments, side effects, symptom management, and additional resources.
- Scientific and/or medical field experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong sensitivity and compassion for those affected by a disease such as pancreatic cancer coupled with an innate ability to empathize with the loss and painful journeys experienced by our constituents.
- Excellent understanding of scientific and medical information related to pancreatic cancer.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.