MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST – COMMUNITY OUTREACH EVENTS
This position is responsible for providing support for the marketing and communications efforts of our signature nationwide fundraising and awareness events. Key responsibilities include developing marketing and promotional strategies, creating collateral and email blast announcements, and tracking and evaluating results. This position also acts as a liaison with vendors and creates training resources for event staff and volunteers.
- Develop marketing and promotions strategies under the guidance of the Marketing and Communications Lead Specialist and the Marketing and Communications Manager for Community Outreach.
- Create and produce email announcements and print collateral for volunteer events nationwide.
- Track and evaluate results.
- Create training resources for event staff and volunteers.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Responsible for other duties/projects as assigned by management.
Bachelors Degree in business, marketing, communications, journalism or related field or equivalent experience, plus 2 years marketing, communications, PR or creative agency experience required. Key requirements for this position excellent copywriting and proofreading skills, demonstrated ability to execute multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment, strong attention to detail and stellar organization skills, and experience with Microsoft Publisher, as well as Kintera, BBNC, or other donor database software highly desirable. Non-profit experience a plus.