Supporting the Corporate & Community Relations (CCR) department, this position is focused on securing and stewarding donors, sponsors and grassroots fundraisers primarily through departmental support; the maintenance and the coordination of volunteer and staff resources, trainings and support materials; strategic communications; internal and external customer service.
- Support the CCR department in soliciting and stewarding donors, sponsors and grassroots fundraisers. As assigned, conduct prospect research, create proposals and reporting materials, facilitate implementation of donor deliverables and sponsorship benefits, steward specific constituent relationships and other projects as needed
- Coordinate and maintain volunteer resources such as donor, sponsor and team outreach tools, training webinars, volunteer intranet and newsletter articles, posting on social media forums and more
- Act as support liaison between CCR and Community Outreach departmental staff. As needed, the specialist will answer questions and provide clarification on topics such as event sponsorships, fundraising teams, healthcare professional engagement and honorary chair program
- Support specific Signature Events as needed by working with sponsors, fundraising teams and volunteers. This may include team set up and registrations, trouble shooting, personalized outreach, coordination of wrap-around events, creation of support materials, etc.
- Foster opportunities for regional/national engagement of local prospects across and beyond events when applicable; foster opportunities for local engagement of national supporters
- Help maintain and update the Raiser’s Edge database records of key corporate and community constituents.
- Work with CCR, accounting and IT to track department goals and to pull and prepare reports as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following experiences, skills and qualities:
- Four-year college or university degree in business, non-profit management or related field or equivalent experience.
- Two-years experience in non-profit, events, fundraising or donor, corporate & community relations.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including power point and excel is essential.
- Experience with Kintera, Raiser’s Edge, BBNC or other donor database software a plus.
- Exemplary values, integrity and a high level of desire to make a difference