This position will manage and grow corporate and community relationships in one assigned region of the country. The key responsibilities include: generating revenue through procurement of event and affiliate sponsorships, grassroots fundraisers and individual donors; recruitment, training and management of fundraising volunteers; cultivation of corporate and community fundraising teams; and implementation of other fundraising programs such as engaging local healthcare professionals and institutions. This position will work with other departments to foster year-round corporate and community engagement and stewardship.
- Grow sustainable event and affiliate sponsorships, signature event fundraising teams, corporate and community engagement around signature events and affiliates within the assigned region.
- Implement an effective year-round stewardship program for sponsors, teams, team captains, healthcare professionals and other prospects in assigned region. Contribute to the refinement and growth of the overall stewardship program.
- Work with Community Outreach staff to lead the recruitment, retention and training of volunteer fundraisers in the region.
- Collaborate with department staff and across departmental lines to maximize strategic corporate and donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Contribute to the development of staff and volunteer resources such as group trainings, case studies, volunteer intranet and newsletter articles, webinars.
- Foster opportunities for regional/national engagement of local prospects across and beyond events and affiliates when applicable.
- Maintain current records in database system and event specific pipelines.
- Manage the activation of national corporate campaigns in assigned local markets, and ensure national alliances lead to local engagement when appropriate.
- Participate in strategic review and planning for the corporate and community sponsorship and team programs.
- Responsible for measurable revenue outcomes to help achieve organizational budget goals.
- Effectively and professionally represent the organization and its mission.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Four-year college or university degree in business, non-profit management or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience working in corporate relations, event sponsorships, marketing or business development.
- Excellent understanding of sponsorships, corporate relations, fundraising and cause-related marketing.
- Strong knowledge of program planning, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to and understand the needs and interests of diverse constituents including corporations, individual donors and grassroots supporters.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional areas.
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with Kintera, BBNC, or other donor database software preferred.