Our nationwide network of over 58 volunteer-run affiliates powers our organization’s rapid growth. Volunteer activities mirror our national efforts and include outreach to Members of Congress, healthcare professionals and media in an effort to raise awareness and support the pancreatic cancer community. Volunteer-driven events help raise both funds and awareness and range in size and event type from community walks/runs, marathons to golf tournaments, galas and more.
The Community Outreach Events Specialist primary responsibilities include the following:
- Work with multiple volunteer affiliates to support them in their local events
- Evolve event processes and operations to optimize cost-effectiveness and the strategic value of events
- Contribute to and play an active role in the completion of the department’s strategic plan and share in the responsibility of meeting the revenue and expense goals.
- Provide support and assistance to Community Outreach Events Managers as needed.
- Respond to inquiries from the public and volunteers in a given geographic region
- Communicate directly with volunteers, donors and event participants via phone and email
- Create and maintain electronic and print records for fundraising events run by volunteers, including tracking expenses, income and participant lists
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION / SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience in events and volunteer management.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A friendly, positive demeanor and ability to build strong relationships with volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of volunteer program management and event logistics.
- Knowledge of cash and in – kind corporate sponsorships
- Excels in a fast – paced environment with proven ability to work within deadlines
- Must be team oriented and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database systems (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Must be willing to travel (including weekends and evenings)