We are seeking a bright, ambitious and team-oriented individual who is comfortable in a growth-oriented and fast paced organization to fill the position of Community Outreach Affiliate Specialist.
This position is responsible for leading, supporting and advancing diverse volunteer Affiliates with various capacities to ensure alignment of activities with organizational goals, strategies and branding.
- Execute strategies to recruit volunteers based on the needs of the Affiliate.
- Implement volunteer retention strategies that support the sustainability of assigned Affiliates.
- Ensure sustainable Affiliate development in all key areas by providing quality support to existing volunteer Affiliates through best practices trainings in recruitment and organizational development.
- Partner with the Affiliate Development Team to utilize essential trainings, tools and resources to significantly enhance the effectiveness and organizational capacity of Affiliates.
- Work with Manager of Affiliate Development to establish quantitative and quantifiable goals to determine ROI of strategies and resources within each assigned Affiliate.
- Professionally represent the organization to diverse audiences.
- Play an active role in the completion of the department’s strategic plan and share in the responsibility of meeting the goals of the Community Outreach budget and timelines.
- Build relationships with volunteers and key constituents as needed to increase overall awareness of the organization.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following experiences, skills and qualities:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least two years of experience in community outreach and mobilization programs, volunteer management, training and development.
- Success in leading and managing teams. Excellent interpersonal skills with diverse individuals at all organizational levels, both internal and external.
- Some experience in creating and facilitating successful training sessions.
- Demonstrated ability in effective oral and written communications.
- A friendly, positive, outgoing, solutions-oriented demeanor and the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with staff, volunteers and donors, both face-to-face and remotely.
- Ability to evaluate and analyze data, and make decisions and/or recommendations as required for their markets.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and markets simultaneously.
- Familiarity with the corporate business environment is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database systems (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Knowledge of cancer advocacy, outreach and awareness programs, and grassroots marketing a plus.
- Remote project and team management skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally for work as needed during the week as well as over the weekend.