Now Accepting Applications for Translational Research Grants at
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network will award $4.1 million in research funding through its 2015 Grants Program. An additional $2.3 million will be invested in the organization’s research initiatives, bringing the organization’s total commitment to research to $6.4 million, a 25 percent increase over last year. Read the press release announcing this year’s Grants Program launch.
Research funding is available through multiple grant mechanisms this year, supporting investigators at all stages of their careers and projects covering all types of pancreatic cancer research. Recipients are selected through a rigorous, competitive peer-review process to ensure the unbiased selection of the most meritorious research. In addition to financial support for their research, grant recipients have opportunities for professional development, training, networking and collaboration through the organization’s Community for Progress.
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Translational Research Grant
- Supports translational research that has as its endpoint the development of a pancreatic cancer assessment, prevention or treatment modality
- Fundamental discovery or basic science research projects not qualified for these grants
- Applications accepted from independent investigators
- Collaborations between basic and clinical scientists encouraged
- Two-year grant, totaling $300,000
- Application deadline: January 30, 2015
The deadline for submitting letters of intent or applications has passed for the following grants. Funding decisions will be available in Spring 2015. Please visit our website then to learn about the funded projects and grant recipients.
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network – American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Research Acceleration Network Grant
- Supports a project that includes a clinical component, involves at least two institutions and has strong potential to double pancreatic cancer survival by the year 2020
- One- to three-year grant, totaling $1,000,000
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network – NCI, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research KRAS Fellowship
- Supports a postdoctoral or clinical research fellow in conducting a research project with goals aligned to the National Cancer Institute’s RAS Program
- Funded project to have a structure-based approach to the KRAS mutants relevant to pancreatic cancer
- Additional mentoring, training and collaboration through Frederick National Laboratory
- One-year grant, totaling $45,000
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network – AACR Career Development Award
- Supports a junior faculty member in developing or strengthening their pancreatic cancer research
- Two-year grant, totaling $200,000
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network – AACR Pathway to Leadership Grant
- Supports a highly promising postdoctoral or clinical research fellow in the mentored research phase and in the transition to research independence
- Five-year grant, totaling $600,000
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network boldly seeks to double pancreatic cancer survival by 2020, so research funding will be specifically allocated to support translational and clinical research that is poised to have a direct impact on patient care in the near future. Equally important, we will continue to build the pipeline of scientists and clinical researchers focused on the disease and support basic scientific research through early-career funding opportunities.
Since 2003, the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network has awarded 110 grants, totaling nearly $23 million in funding. Learn about all of the research grant recipients and their funded projects.
Building a Community for Progress
In addition to receiving financial support for their research, grantees participate in the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s Community for Progress. A mentorship program connects grantees with leading scientists in the field. Ongoing career support activities offer opportunities for education and professional development to help keep our community of researchers committed and involved.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 310-725-0025.